Search this blog
- Derek Redd reveals his AP Top 25 ballot, Part 1
- WVU basketball finishes season at No. 24 in AP Top 25
- VIDEO: WVU coach Bob Huggins’ Wednesday press conference at the Big 12 basketball tournament
- VIDEO: WVU players speak to the media Wednesday at the Big 12 basketball tournament
- Big 12 addresses Coronavirus concerns ahead of this week’s basketball tournaments in Kansas City
- VIDEO: WVU players react to Wednesday’s loss against Kansas on
- VIDEO: WVU players react to lopsided win against Iowa State on
- WVU’s Bob Huggins thinks rule change aims to ‘eliminate post play all together’ on
- Mountaineer Matchups: WVU visits TCU for final game of 2019 season on
- VIDEO: WVU quarterback Jarret Doege on the Mountaineers’ win at K-State on
Today we got some time with the new offensive staff for WVU football as the Mountaineers carry on with spring practices. Videos of co-offensive coordinator Matt Moore, tight ends/inside receivers coach Travis Trickett and quarterbacks coach Sean Reagan are below.
I’ll have more on the main site this evening from those interviews and this afternoon’s practice session in Morgantown.
The WVU baseball team found its way last week with mid-week a win against Marshall after opening Big 12 play with three losses at Baylor the previous weekend. The Mountaineers needed to bounce back with Oklahoma coming to Morgantown for three games.
Staff ace Alek Manoah pitched well in the series-opener on Friday but the Sooners slipped past WVU 2-1. West Virginia’s fortune turned around however, with a 12-4 win on Saturday and a 5-1 win on Sunday to take the series from OU. Now the Mountaineers will look to keep that momentum rolling along with rival Pitt due in Morgantown for baseball’s Backyard Brawl on Wednesday before a weekend trip to Stillwater for three games at No. 23 Oklahoma State.
“Talking to (the team) going into this weekend, we’re down 0-3 (in the Big 12) after we lost three games at Baylor,” WVU coach Randy Mazey said. “After Friday, we were down 0-4. After yesterday, we’re 1-4, we’re creeping back into it. Going into today, they knew what I was going to say, they laughed at me saying we’re down 2-4 now. Next weekend, we have a tough road weekend (at Oklahoma State). Complacency can kill you. You can’t feel too good about where you’re at, ever. It just can’t sneak up on you. Pitt’s up there right now, scoring tons of runs against the Miami Hurricanes. So, you know they’re going to have a ton of confidence. We’re not going to get complacent at all. We’re just going to come out and try to win every game, one at a time.”
This means I get to park in the photographer spaces in the newspaper’s parking garage, right?