Today we got some time with the new offensive staff for WVU football as the Mountaineers carry on with spring practices. Videos of co-offensive coordinator Matt Moore, tight ends/inside receivers coach Travis Trickett and quarterbacks coach Sean Reagan are below.
I’ll have more on the main site this evening from those interviews and this afternoon’s practice session in Morgantown.
The WVU baseball team found its way last week with mid-week a win against Marshall after opening Big 12 play with three losses at Baylor the previous weekend. The Mountaineers needed to bounce back with Oklahoma coming to Morgantown for three games.
Staff ace Alek Manoah pitched well in the series-opener on Friday but the Sooners slipped past WVU 2-1. West Virginia’s fortune turned around however, with a 12-4 win on Saturday and a 5-1 win on Sunday to take the series from OU. Now the Mountaineers will look to keep that momentum rolling along with rival Pitt due in Morgantown for baseball’s Backyard Brawl on Wednesday before a weekend trip to Stillwater for three games at No. 23 Oklahoma State.
“Talking to (the team) going into this weekend, we’re down 0-3 (in the Big 12) after we lost three games at Baylor,” WVU coach Randy Mazey said. “After Friday, we were down 0-4. After yesterday, we’re 1-4, we’re creeping back into it. Going into today, they knew what I was going to say, they laughed at me saying we’re down 2-4 now. Next weekend, we have a tough road weekend (at Oklahoma State). Complacency can kill you. You can’t feel too good about where you’re at, ever. It just can’t sneak up on you. Pitt’s up there right now, scoring tons of runs against the Miami Hurricanes. So, you know they’re going to have a ton of confidence. We’re not going to get complacent at all. We’re just going to come out and try to win every game, one at a time.”
This means I get to park in the photographer spaces in the newspaper’s parking garage, right?
Upcoming WVU games:
|25||26||27||28* M basketball vs. Rider at 6:30 pm
Search this blog
- VIDEO: WVU football coach Neal Brown spring game press conference
- VIDEO: WVU pitcher Alek Manoah on his 15 strikeout, complete-game win vs. Texas Tech
- VIDEO: WVU offensive lineman Josh Sills
- VIDEO: WVU defensive lineman Reese Donahue
- VIDEO: WVU football coach Neal Brown after Saturday’s practice
- VIDEO: Bob Huggins on WVU’s CBI loss to Coastal Carolina on
- VIDEO: Bob Huggins on WVU’s first-round CBI win against Grand Canyon on
- WVU basketball: Did the Sagaba Konate pump-fake help the Mountaineers beat Texas Tech in the Big 12 quarterfinals? on
- VIDEO: Jordan McCabe on WVU’s loss at Oklahoma on
- WVU football: Yodny Cajuste off to strong start at NFL Combine on