Today’s the day! Let your inner ape out by wearing your Gorilla Suit. Click on the banner for the full story.
It’ll go up Tuesday Morning. Quit yer gripin’! This just means that the next Radio Free Charleston is almost done. Crunch time, people! So tune in tomorrow for your weekly dose of “art.” Meanwhile, don’t forget…..
This week’s Monday Morning Art is yet another in the long-running “Scape” Series, the first of which I posted way back in 2005. Today’s example is “Number 3” which takes the exploded abstract landscape into autumnal colors for no particular reason.
As always, click to enlarge, and go here to be repulsed by the high prices on the T Shirts, postcards and other trinketry.
This week’s cool thing is a local art, music, and social justice show to be held Thursday Night, January 18, at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 520 Kanawha Blvd. West.
Shannon Murray, a Minnesota singer-songwriter will be performing her socially-aware music as part of her 36 Northeast US tour promoting her new CD, “Elated.” Shannon is part of the Riotfolk collective, which pledges that they are “Making Folk A Threat Again.”
Supporting Ms. Murray will be Martyranny’s Collective Pulse, the buskers who perform in front of the library. MCP is fresh from their appearance on the latest episode of Radio Free Charleston, and this is a great way to hear their wonderful music indoors.
The music portion of the show runs from 7 PM to 9 PM. At 6:30m artist Amy Williams will have an art show opening, and attendees will be invited to help Amy make “Sadako” cranes for the Charleston Peace Crane Project. There will also be information tables featuring Friends Of The Mountains, WV Free, and WV Citizens Action Group. It promises to be a fun and enlightening evening.
If you go: This all ages show takes place from 7 PM to 9 PM (with the art show kicking off earlier) at the United Universalist Congregation, 520 Kanawha Blvd. West. There will be a sliding scale admission of $2 to $5 (no one will be turned away).
Search this blog
- Tuesday and Wednesday on The AIR
- MEGO Storms Into 2019 With New Action Figures
- Monday Morning Art: Chicago At Night
- Sunday Evening Video: Sam Elliott as “Evel Knievel: Crimefighter”
- The RFC Flashback: Episode 167
- The PopCult Toybox News Round Up
- New RFC International and Sydney’s Big Electric Cat featuring The Cure Friday
- Notes On Prognosis and PopCult
- New Curtain Call With a Tribute To Carol Channing, And The Beatles Go Prog on The AIR Wednesday
- New RFC, Psychedelic Shack and The Swing Shift on The AIR