- ‘The law of unintended consequences’ kills fish yet again
- WVU’s Ginny Thrasher claims Olympic air rifle gold
- Study shows there is only one North American wolf
- Tiger at Chinese wildlife park kills one visitor, injures another
- At least the Pokemongers are doing their thing outdoors
Search this blog
Thrasher, the reigning NCAA champion in both smallbore and air rifle, won the women’s 50-meter three-position competition at the recent U.S. Olympic Team Trials for Smallbore in Fort Benning, Ga.
The Springfield, Va., native was among 16 shooters in contention for a single slot on this year’s U.S. team. She became the third WVU female shooter to make it to the Games. Ann-Marie Pfiffner competed in the 1992 Barcelona Olympics, and Jean Foster competed in the 1996 Atlanta and 2000 Sydney Olympics.