Fish Hawk Acres in Central West Virginia will host a “fancy” ramp dinner at 6 p.m. Saturday at Mountain View Event Center in Buckhannon.
And it sounds like it’s gonna be a good one, y’all.
Guests will be welcomed with a Pickled Ramp Martini (yes, please!) and a taste of Deviled Eggs with Bacon, Pickled Ramps and Micro Celery. Then at 6:30, all will gather for a Appalachia blessing and sit-down meal featuring dishes full of locally grown ingredients. On the menu …
- Roasted Ramps and Celery Root Chowder
- Caramelized Wild Leek, Thyme and Olive Oil Focaccia with Buttermilk, Bacon and Ramp Biscuits
- Wilted Spinach Salad with Bacon and Wild Leek Vinaigrette, Pickled Red Onions, Farm Eggs and Mushrooms
- Beef-Stuffed Cabbage Rolls with Caramelized Wild Leeks & Tomato Broth
- Roasted Whole Hens Seasoned with Ramp Dust, Sea Salt and Olive Oil with Roasted Garlic Whipped Potatoes, Sugar Snap Peas and Carrots
- Teresa’s Apple Dumplings with Homemade Caramel Sauce and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
The dinner costs $35 per person (or $250 for a table of eight) and reservations must be made and paid for in advance. Call 304-473-7741 for more details.
Mountain View Event Center is located off of Route 33 in Buckhannon, on the hill behind Jenkins Ford.