Did you know that people who love grilled cheese sandwiches have more sex, are more charitable and more adventurous than those who don’t?
To mark “National Grilled Cheese Day” on April 12, social dating app Skout surveyed more than 4,600 of its U.S. users to see what people’s grilled cheese sandwich preferences say about them. Among the highlights …
- 86% of adults surveyed say they “love” grilled cheese sandwiches. (Well, duh.)
- Grilled cheese sandwich lovers get more action in the bedroom, with 73% of people who love grilled cheese sandwiches having sex at least once a month vs. 68% of those who don’t care for the sandwich. Further still, 32% of grilled cheese lovers have sex at least six times a month vs. 27% who pass on sandwich.
- 81% of those who love grilled cheese sandwiches say they have donated their time, money or food to those in need, compared to only 66% who dislike grilled cheese.
- While a grilled cheese sandwich may seem like a safe, all-American meal, 88% of its fans say they are “fairly/very” adventurous, vs. 75%. Further still, 84% of grilled cheese sandwich fans love to travel, compared to 78% who don’t dig the melty cheese.
- The most popular grilled cheese in America is American (41%) followed by cheddar (33%), mozzarella (10%), Swiss (8%), provolone (6%) and brie (2%)
- White bread is by far the most popular choice (51%) followed by wheat (29%), sourdough (13%), rye (4%) and a baguette (3%).