Ready for the first ramp dinner of the season?
And a fancy one at that!
Celebrated West Virginia Chef Dale Hawkins will treat guests to “A Fancy Ramp Dinner: Celebrating Spring Tonics in Appalachia” at 6 pm Saturday, March 29, at Mountain View Event Center in Buckhannon.
The evening will begin with a welcome beverage and ramp queso with corn tortillas, plus a cash bar available as well. Once the dinner begins, you’ll hear from the people who have grown, caught, raised, foraged and crafted the items featured in each dish.
- Buttermilk, Ramp and Bacon Biscuits
- Artisan Breads from Jeff Kessler
- Bad Ass Beet Salad with Orange Segments and Pea Tendrils
- Wilted Spinach Salad with Bacon and Wild Leek Vinaigrette, Pickled Red Onions, Farm Eggs and Mushrooms
- Gardner Farm Chicken Braised in White Wine and Caramelized Ramps
- Gingered Beef Flank Steak with Buttery Mashed Potatoes and Fresh Asparagus
- Apple Dumplings with Caramel Sauce and Ellen’s Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Iced Sassafras Tea and Mountain Roaster Coffee
All profits benefit the New Appalachian Farm & Research Center A 501(c)3 nonprofit whose mission is to support the agricultural community’s efforts of supporting a local food system for West Virginia.