This Double-Big-Gulp, Super-Sized, Triple-Venti drink trend has gotten TOTALLY out of hand.
Before my wife (mostly) kicked a recent crippling Diet Coke habit, I used to make fun of her for walking out of the 7-11 with a vat of soda in her hand. I mean, really, can you be THAT thirsty? Heard of water?
And although a recent bump of corporate guilt-driven downsizing shrank dranks for a while, it looks like those ounces are starting to creep back in. Take a look at this motley crew of the most-searched jumbo drinks on Yahoo:
Top searched XL Drinks on Yahoo!
1. KFC Mega Jug (64 oz.)
2. Sonic Route (44 oz.)
3. 7 Eleven Big Gulp (44-40 oz.)
4. Dunkin Donuts Coolatta (32 oz.)
5. Gatorade Thirst Quencher (32 oz.)
6. Starbucks Trenta (31 oz.)
7. Jamba Juice Power (30 oz.)
8. Monster Energy Drink (24 oz.)
A 64-ounce soda and a 31-ounce coffee. Seriously?