As if it matters, here goes:
– Key Josh Davis under 20 points or under 10 rebounds … or both.
CHECK. 18/12. The man is REALLY GOOD.
– Keep Tulane under 50 percent from 3-point range. … 40 percent would be even better.
CHECK, BUT NO CHECK. Green Wave hit 7 of last 9, seizing the game.
– As a corollary, keep Jordan Callahan from hitting every 3 he tries.
CHECK, but Tarrant and Cherry hit the shots.
– Win last 6 minutes of first half, even if it’s by a point or so.
– Don’t give up 50 in the paint (this is a drive-oriented team).
CHECK. MU outscored Tulane 40-24.
– The usual: Under 18 turnovers, win rebounds, don’t shoot more than 21 3s.
NOPE. Minus-3 in rebounding.
– And draw ONE STINKIN’ CHARGE!
NOPE, though Tinnon actually tried. This was one of my longstanding beefs with this team.
That, and giving up too many 3-pointers. Especially to teams who shoot it from 23 feet.
A critical offseason looms for Coach Herrion and staff.